Sunday, May 20, 2007

The start of my summer internship

I had this post written for the last 2 days but had thought of posting it now as otherwise you people would have not gone through the previous one which was a welcome package for you.

For those of you who are not aware of this, I am doing my summer internship in a software company in Delhi, and staying at IIT Delhi. If the first week at work was an indication, these two months will see me work more than I have done in my entire life put together.

I had always heard from seniors and elders that internship is a time when people have masti and don’t get much work to do…….ab ya to inka masti ka funda kuchh alag hi hai ya main hi ajeeb fasa hoon :)

I would like to share the experience of my first few days in the company. I was told to join the company on the 15th of May. I was a bit late due to the accommodation thing at IITD and reached around 2 in the afternoon. I had informed them about the possibility of a delay, so that was not a problem. When I reached and told that I am so and so and have come for internship, the man there pointed towards my working table and said “That is your table”. Nobody in the world can expect such a warm welcome!!! In two minutes I was called to some other room by two huge men (laga tha beta late aane ki wajah se dhulaayi hone waali hai)….but soon I got to know they were from the same team that I was going to be a part of. They were my kind of bosses who had to explain things to me.

Bas ho gaye shuru….jaise apna saara kaam mere se hi karaane waale ho!!!

They have a board there on which they mention what has to be done in the day, and don’t move until they complete their respective jobs…..may god bless them (and me too for these two months at least).

I asked my senior about the timings and got to know that they work very less – UNLIMITED!!! Jab tak kaam khatam na ho, jaana nahin……kya funda hai. I asked when I can leave and he answered 7 at least. Ek toh wahaan koi ladki nahin (I am the only intern there), aur phir shaam bhi wahin bitaao…..kahaan ka insaaf hai mere jaise bachche ke saath…….ae khuda….tu sun raha hai?????

This is too much for now……it is only this much that I can write in one go, and possibly more than enough for you to read…….another post coming very soon too……on experiences in delhi :)

2 comments:

Lalit said...

mast hai bhai.....main bhi aise hi fansa tha Reliance mein,Woh bhi 2 Months ke liye nahi poore 6 Months ke liye :)

Anonymous said...

nice site !

graduation projects

Fine Arts