Friday, September 21, 2007

Something from my childhood

People tend to recall things from their experiences, and this practice is very frequent with me. I have this habit of going into deep thinking about incidents that happened in my past and chuckle at the funny moments that went by. There was one such incident that I would write about in this post.

Those who know me say that things haven’t changed much, but what I feel is that I was much naughtier when I was younger. And add to that the God-gifted fooling power I had then.

When I was around 10, I used to go to play cricket in the playground nearby with friends from the neighbourhood. On one such day in the summers, all of us saw that a tree there was full of mangoes. So, everyone started trying to get one down the tree. When I saw people were enjoying so much doing that crazy thing, I too got interested in the act. Since I had never done it earlier, I picked up a big stone, so big that I could barely lift it, and took my aim. A fellow neighbour also took an aim at the same time. My stone reached around half the height and came down. But instead of falling on the ground, it fell on the other fellow’s head. He began to bleed and obviously started crying too.

I was really horrified as to what would happen to me. Who would save me from him, his parents and then my parents? Suddenly, an idea struck. I behaved as if it was his stone itself that had missed the aim and come down and hit him. And I gave the description in such a confident way that everyone there, including the guy himself, began to believe that it was he who had hit himself by mistake.

It was just my brother and me who knew that it was me who did it. Thank God the boy was alright in another couple of days!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

freak .. u bastard .. it was u who did it .. i knew it .. tujhe nahi chhodunga .. aam ke ped ke paas milna class ke baad

vipul gupta said...

Who was the poor guy....

Divesh said...

:) ... keep updating your blog whenever you get time

Divesh said...

and yes, you should yourself participate in the comments as well.

Mayank Aggarwal said...

@vipul ... some guy called Sunny ... you probably don't know him

@divesh ... i wrote this post primarily because it had been a long time since i wrote

Sachin said...

ab to futti khelte waqt aap se door hi rahoonga

Vikas said...

do you still have any friends left?

i can't believe that after hitting the poor soul on the head with the rock, you stood there convincing him instead of taking him to the hospital or something.